We are past the halfway point of 2015, which reminds me to reflect on all the trips I have taken, all the things I have accomplished. It also has me neurotically counting days to the end of the year thinking "will I have accrued enough nights, enough miles to qualify for status with my preferred travel partners this year?" If you are like me it is easier said than done, unless you are with a large corporation with prearranged network of travel partners. For me I am on this airline one week & a different the next. My own flexibility & desire for a better value do not always keep with the same company. For that, there is a solution, FoundersCard!
Some of you may have heard me mention FoundersCard before, it is my travel deal go to because it offers a small business owner like me the ability to obtain high tier status with several hotels & airlines not to mention an endless list of other helpful lifestyle benefits.
WHAT IS FOUNDERSCARD?
FoundersCard is a membership which gives the holder access networking with over 20,000 entrepreneurs & innovators as well as some of the premier benefits I mentioned earlier - I will discuss in greater detail below. The membership cost is $795 per year, but I am able to extend a preferred annual rate to DOTC readers of ONLY $395. Use CHICFC when signing up at here FoundersCard Apply Now & Save
*Sidebar while the membership is not inexpensive this preferred rate makes it a worthy investment. With one or two uses of some of the preferred rates & benefits your membership provides -- your annual fee will pay for itself. Keep Reading...
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
Earlier I alluded to some of the fabulous travel perks I get, and those who follow me here & instagram, twitter or facebook, you know I travel well & often. The best part, FoundersCard is not solely limited to travel. Member benefits are divided among the following categories featuring :
- Over 100 destinations with 180 plus hotels.
- Access Preferred Rates & Preferred Privileges
- Sometimes Spa/Resort Credit Provided
- Luxurious Partners like SLS, W, St. Regis, Park Hyatt, Morgans, Kimpton & More
- 54 Exclusive offers spanning Experience, Health & Fitness, Premium Retail & Digital.
- Preferred pricing with savings of 5% to 25% on some goods & services.
- Great category for those who are "doing the most"
- Gyms can be pricey, FoundersCard helps by offering manageable rates without low or no initiation fee to some of the most sought after fitness brands.
- Wait? There are more travel benefits in addition to the hotel collections? YES
- Access Elite Status at several Airlines Like American, British Airways, Virgin & JetBlue
- Cars. Cars. Cars. Unlock exclusives offers from Rental partners & Chauffeur services.
- Receive Hotel Status with Select Groups.
- Discounts on Booking Services like Hotel Tonight.
- Over 40 Outstanding Benefits. These will more than come in handy whether you need new Apple products, design services, banking, legal assistance, work space & more. Other notable partners UPS & AT&T.
- Benefit Events perfect for networking with high profile members, founders, innovators & entrepreneurs.
ELITE & PREMIER BENEFITS
*American Airlines is currently offering FoundersCard members automatic Platinum Status with American from August 10 - November 8, 2015 and you can keep Platinum status though February 28, 2017 if you fly 10,000 elite-qualifying points by traveling on American Airlines, US Airways or other select airlines during the August 10 - November 8, 2015 time period. The benefit has to be redeemed by July 31, 2015
Additional opportunities to obtain Elite status with Hilton, Virgin America & Atlantic, & JetBlue are made convenient thanks to FoundersCard.
THE REVIEW: COST VS SAVINGS
Anytime you considering paying a membership for benefits, discounts & access you have to assess cost, which is only an issue in the absence of value. FoundersCard provides excess value, so the $395 preferred annual membership via DOTC is worth much more. The value will be relative to how much you maximize the membership, but from my personal experience it is quite easier to save much more than $395 a year with FoundersCard. Plus it's more than the savings, its the experience, the prestige & the network you join. BTW have I mentioned you get an actual laser cut metal membership card, how chic is that!
For instance. I visit my brother in Phoenix one to two times a year and always stay at The Phoenician a Luxury Collection Resort. One stay here or an equivalent resort will pay for the membership.
Additionally, I am a frequenter of SLS hotels, which I cannot recommend enough!
I spend my time at 30,000 on JetBlue, Virgin or AA more often than not, so the benefits FoundersCard has provided me are priceless, from Elite Status to early boarding & convenient booking & change fees.
Other benefits I frequently activate are SoulCycle, Sending Flowers via Teleflora, Spas & the retail discounts.
Remember sign up for FoundersCard with The Days of the Chic to receive our preferred annual membership for ONLY $395 annually, that is a $400 SAVINGS from the standard fee. FoundersCard will help make every day more Chic.
ARE YOU A FOUNDERSCARD MEMBER? DO YOU LOVE FC AS MUCH AS DAYS OF THE CHIC? SHARE THE LOVE WITH A COMMENT BELOW & TELL US YOUR FAVORITE PERKS.